Application Information for Medicine and Health Enhancement Contribution Program Subsidy
The Terumo Foundation for Life Sciences and Arts provides subsidies that support the programs of non-profit organizations engaged in initiatives that contribute to the enhancement of medicine and health outside Japan. The Foundation accepts applications from organizations wishing to apply for the subsidy as indicated below.
The Selection Committee, composed of persons of learning and experience, makes decisions on the advisability of subsidizing applicants.
1. Subsidy Name
Medicine and Health Enhancement Contribution Program Subsidy
2. Eligible Organizations
Organizations such as public interest incorporated foundations, NPOs, NGOs, and medical institutions that sustain an ongoing program to contribute to the enhancement of medicine and health outside Japan as a public service
3. Eligible Programs
Examples include programs that contribute to the improvement of infectious disease countermeasures and public health education; enhancement of healthcare quality and disease control in developing countries in Africa and elsewhere. However, only programs that can start within one year of adoption are eligible. The Foundation will support programs that directly contribute to society.
4. Number of Subsidies and Application Period
- The number of subsidies provided per year shall be 10 in Japan and overseas collectively.
- Applications will be accepted from June 1, 2016. However, acceptance of applications will be closed when the program quota has been reached.
Application is now closed.
5. Subsidy Amount
The subsidy amount shall be one million yen per eligible program.
6. Use of Subsidy
Subsidies shall be used for expenses that are directly required by the eligible program. However, the Foundation does not allow subsidies for staff labor costs.
7. Subsidy Period
One year following adoption by the Board of Directors.
8. How to Apply
Download the application form, fill in the necessary information, and submit the application. Applications will be accepted at any time, and may be submitted via postal mail only or via both postal mail and email. Only the application form can be accepted as an electronic file attachment to emails.
- Please include contact information in Japan. (e.g. Japanese branch of applying organization, related public-interest corporation (associations or foundations), authorized non-profit organizations, non-governmental organizations, and medical institutions in Japan)
*They may be contacted as necessary.
9. Selection Method
A Selection Committee composed of professional shall review the public interests and contents of the program and conduct an examination in accordance with review check points. Finally, the Board of Directors shall make the decision of adoption.
10. Notification of Results
Selections will be made around November 2016 and applicants will be notified of the results within this year.
11. Issuance of Subsidy Funds
After deciding to subsidize a program, the Foundation shall make a lump sum remittance into the designated bank account.
12. Performance Report
Subsidized organizations are required to submit a program performance report (including income and expenditure account statement) within one month after the end of the subsidy period.
13. Other Points to Notice
- The names of representatives, organizations, and project themes of beneficiaries of subsidies written in the application form will be announced on our website.
- Submitted application forms will not be returned.
- Details of selections will not be disclosed.
- If program contents, method of implementation, or other matters change after a decision has made to subsidize a program, the Foundation must be notified promptly and approval obtained.
- The Foundation may request return of the subsidy money if it is used for purposes besides those intended or if a false report is submitted.
Address for inquiries and application submission
Terumo Foundation for Life Sciences and Arts
1500 Inokuchi, Nakai-machi, Ashigarakami-gun,
Kanagawa Prefecture, 259-0151 Japan
Attn: Yoshinori Kubota, Sadao Kato
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. jp